Managing school districts’ on-the-job injury claims and helping workers successfully return to employment.
- Participating school districts own the Trust, with all premiums building equity to help offset costs
- Excellent claims management and cost containment
- Individualized claims management, a return-to-work program, and one-on-one contact with member districts and injured workers
- Toll-free number call line for affiliates with provider and medical treatment
- Keep business in South Dakota as Claims Associates Inc. is the TPA
- School board members and volunteers are covered at no additional cost
ASB is able to secure our member districts with the best coverage at the best rates, due to the pooling of resources. Control over claims handling, loss control and administration will assure the members of quality consistent service.
Each member district is fully covered for work related injuries sustained by district employees. Districts may also extend coverage to school board members at no additional costs to the district.
South Dakota Workers’ Compensation Law requires all employers to provide coverage for their employees, and the ASB Protective Trust was developed specifically for South Dakota school districts.For more information on Workers’ Compensation visit dlr.sd.gov/workerscomp